Friday, August 15, 2008

Preparing for Beijing

It's less than a week until I leave for Beijing. My wife and I are glued to the Olympic coverage and enjoying watching Michael Phelps make history. It's making me really excited for my trip. I leave next Thursday for Colorado Springs for team processing.

I feel very blessed to have this opportunity to represent the U.S.A. at the 2008 Paralympic Games. I'm very thankful I've been allowed to take time away from Samford, but I will have my cross country runners in my thoughts and prayers as they begin their season.

I am posting this blog to keep family and friends updated on my experiences while in Beijing.

4 comments:

Ryan and Teah Doyle said...

Wow, how exciting! I new you were coaching them but I didn't realize you guys were all going to Beijing! That is so cool! I bet Tara wishes she could come with you. Ryan and I will be praying for you guys. You need to tell us about the team on your Blog. I would love to know more:)

Amber said...

hey! I'm excited to follow up on your coaching experience. Have fun and enjoy!

Unknown said...

This is really neat Chad! I hope & pray for the best for you and your team. Good luck and god bless.

Unknown said...

Hi Chad,
Just now trying to comment on your blog. Am thinking of and praying for you.
Hope your guys do well.

Love, Gramps and Mema