Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Safely in Beijing

I spoke with Chad last night for exactly 4 minutes and 1 second. He arrived safely in Beijing on Monday evening and still cannot get an internet connection! Although we did not have much time to talk before we got cut off and I could not get another connection with him, I know that he made it there safely and is having a great time. The first thing he said to me was, "Well, I'm looking at the Bird's Nest!" I went a little crazy when he said that because I realized what we have been talking about and anticipating for a while now is finally happening for him. It's such a blessing and so exciting. He already had the chance to go inside the Bird's nest and they were setting up for the Opening Ceremonies, which will be held this Saturday, Sept. 6th. When I spoke with him he was at practice with the athletes at the warm-up track next to the Bird's Nest. I can't wait to see pictures, I hope he will post some soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad, you're my hero!

Hefren's said...

Just watched the opening ceremonies but could not find you....but will keep looking. Team looks awesome!!!Can't wait to see you in your new attire(esp the hat.
Have a great time...can't wait for next update.
Mom, Dad, Gramps, MeMa

said...

When David was flying back to the States for our grandfather's funeral last week, he stopped over in Germany. He said he saw the opening ceremonies on TV there and said he saw Chad in the athlete march-in. I don't know if it showed in the states but it was on in Germany!